Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Complete Examination?

I was surprised last week when a patient whom I had not seen in about ten years came back to the office after having moved out of "driving range" from my office. She told me about seeing a doctor without seeing a doctor. I asked her what she meant.
If you make an appointment to see the doctor and the person who comes in and introduces themself to you is NOT a doctor then I say "buyer beware". To say what happened after this was a disaster is putting it mildly. My message to you is ask if you can see the doctor at some point in the visit. If that is not possible maybe you can ask to come back later or reschedule. This is really important if surgery is planned. Maybe the Doctor would not need to do surgery to find out what the assistant could not diagnose. I would bet on it. You are entitled to get what you paid for.....a doctor visit!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I liked your blog and I have bookmarked it. I would like to know about Training in Cosmetic Dermatology.

    ReplyDelete